These commercial locations and school districts have completed or proposed rooftop solar projects. Congratulations!
- Mitsubishi Electric US Inc., installed a 369 kW solar electric system using its own solar modules on the rooftop of its US headquarters in Cypress, CA. The project was installed by Sun Integration based in Sherman Oaks, CA.
- Soledad Unified School District based in Soledad, CA will install a 7.45 MW system projected to save $45,000 in annual energy costs.
- Boulder Nissan announced it will install a 50 kW system in Boulder, Colorado. This installation will power LED lighting.
- General Motors (GM) is in the process of adding 30 MW solar arrays in China. 10 MW of rooftop solar at an assembly plant in Shanghai, China and 20 MW in solar carports. Additionally GM’s 11.8 MW rooftop solar installation in Span is one of the largest in the world.
- IKEA completed a rooftop installation on its Memphis, Tennessee location. This is a 1.46 MW system. IKEA has made a commitment to advancing rooftop solar.
- Martin Public School District in Michigan voted to negotiate a contract with Superior Renewable Solutions. The district has plans to be 99% powered by solar energy and looks forward to teaching students about renewable energy.
Lauren Ell shares more detail about the completed or proposed rooftop solar installations in this video.